Check out my nail art contest, the first 50 participants get a prize!
I took some pics of the work in progress so I thought I'd share with you. I started by painting the shapes in black, like so.
Then I painted the parts I was going to add colour to in white.
And that's it!
Don't forget to check out the other participants in this challenge:
The polishes I used:
- Base coat: Essie - All in One Base
- Pink base: Sally Hansen Nw Lengths Ceramics - Pink Pearl (this whole line is discontinued, much to my dismay)
- Black shapes: Essence - Black is Blakc
- White: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On
- Intermediate top coat: Essie - Good To Go
- Yellow bee: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Lightening
- Pooh Bear: I made a franken out of three colours - 1) Zoya - Farah, 2) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Sun Kissed, and 3) Julep - Blake
- Tigger: Revlon - Alluring Amber
- Eeyore's bow: L'Oréal - Trust Fund Baby
- Eeyore's tail: Zoya - Carey
- Piglet's ears: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Presto Pink
- Piglet's head: Essence - Sweet as Candy
- Top coat: Sèche Vite
You can see how it was done further up, but I will say that as usual I applied a base coat, followed by three coats of Pink Pearl (it's very sheer). I then hand-painted the shapes in black. Then I painted white over the black where I was going to add colour. Then I just painted the appropriate sections in the appropriate colours and slapped on a top coat!